Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter 2008

Easter seemed extra good this year for some reason. We had so much fun dyeing, hunting, eating, playing, laughing, and being with our best friends-our family. I always get emotional with Easter for obvious reasons, and this year was no exception. I had the privilege of playing the piano for our ward choir's Easter program, and felt totally fulfilled and uplifted from doing so. Gwen played a violin duet "The Lord is my Shepherd" and I was so proud of her. (Sorry if I brag a little too much on here, but I can't help myself!) Good music takes practice, and it's so gratifying to see the results of our hard work. Every time I perform, I can feel the Lord's hand in it. He's given me the talents and abilities that I have, and each time I play I'm doing it for him, to worship him, and I'm grateful I can do that. I felt a connection with the piano that I haven't felt before. It's awesome to have control over something so big and make it be what you want it to be. Thanks Mom and Dad for urging me forward all those years!

3 comments:

Anita said...

How Fun! I love it. Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL Easter. Thanks for sharing.

Anita said...

You should be able to see the picture of our house now.
Yes that is the color. It looks a little gray in the pic but it is actually green.

I love your Twilight poster!

Erica Hanks said...

Hi! I downloaded the video off the Mabry website using "RealPlayer". If you have RealPlayer on your computer, you should be able to right click on the video off my page and save it into your "My Videos" folder under "My Documents".

When your ready to post it to your blog, click on the "add video" icon when typing your new post. It takes a LONG time to download it into blogger (It took about 45 minutes). So, get it started and then go do something else!

Here's my email...let me know if you have any trouble with it!

ehanks@righttrak.net