I had a really good Memorial Day weekend-I hope you all did too. Friday was the last day of school for our kids, so we celebrated by having a pizza party and watching "National Treasure 2" Friday night. We are big fans of the National Treasure movies at our house!
Saturday, I had "Mom's Day Out" with my mom and sisters, and we went to IKEA. A word to the wise: If you don't like big crowds, don't go to IKEA on a Saturday afternoon! I didn't need anything there, but it was fun to see what they had and to see what all the hubbub was about. I didn't think anything was totally spectacular. We ate lunch at the restaurant there which was good. I got the chicken caesar salad but later wished I would have gotten their famous swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes and Lingenberry sauce. Oh well. I was trying to save room for later-we went to Cold Stone to finish things off, and let me tell you, that REALLY hit the spot!! Cold Stone absolutely rocks! I had the MUD PIE MOJO to satisfy the huge chocolate craving I had, and that it did!
Sunday we threw a going away party for Dennis and Anita's family (Ryan's bro). They are moving to Washington-I don't know if you want me mentioning the city Anita, but I have to say it starts with an R because we had an R themed party. All the foods we ate began with the letter R, and we used the color Red in the invites and decorations. That was lots of fun, but I got a little sad thinking that it's almost time for them to move and they will be far away from the rest of us, and I think the older I get, the harder changes are for me (what am I going to do when it's time for US to move?). But I've always wanted to visit Washington (Oregon too!) so maybe this will give us more of an incentive to do so! (Yes, Forks is on that list of places to see!)
Monday, we had a fun, carefree kind of day. It just felt good to be together and to be able to do whatever we wanted. Monday night was fun-Ryan and the boys went with Grandpa Adams to a Bee's game, Gretel was at Grandma's spending some time with her favorite cousin Matsyn, so that left me and Gwen! Gwen's been really wanting to see Prince Caspian (I did too! Ü) so I surprised her and took her to see it. IT WAS SO STINKIN GOOD!!!! We both loved it, and thought that it was better than the first Narnia movie. It was really intense for me. I had to hold on to Gwennie in a few parts, but we made it through. It had a lot of humor that I don't remember in the first movie. It also had a couple really sad parts that made me cry. I won't spoil the ending, I have mixed feelings about it, I'll just say that I really can't wait until they do another movie because I know it will be really good!!! I love the music in the Narnia movies-I found the theme and I put it on my playlist below. The song after it is also from the movie. I'm glad we didn't take Christian or Gretel to see it. It would have been a little scary and intense for them. But I would recommend it to kids 8 or older. I know Pierce would have loved it. So anyway, I can't stop thinking about it! I wish Ry could have seen it-he would have liked it too. It's hard to find a movie that all the family would enjoy these days. We've already planned our next movie theater visit though with the whole fam, and that is when Kung Fu Panda comes out next month. All of us want to see that one! Who doesn't love Jack Black? So we're looking forward to that.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend. I feel the same about IKEA. But it's always fun to have an outing. National Treasure is the best. I so badly wish it were a true story. In fact I think I'll start a rumor (maybe a blog)about how it is true.
I created a recipe blog: anitaspassion.blogspot.com if you want to post your recipe there. I haven't done anything with it yet, but have at it.
Your weekend sounded great. I love getting to have girl's nights with my mom and sisters (they mostly happen without me).
Thanks for the recipe. It looks delicious.
Post a Comment