
For those of you who don't know, the reason Ryan went to Mexico for a month is to attend a spanish medical course at the Universidad de Guadalajara. He will spend 2 weeks in the classroom learning medical terminology, then spend 2 weeks doing hands-on in the clinics. I already miss him so, as do the kids. It's weird how you feel a part of you is missing with your other half not there. You just feel this emptiness that won't go away. They truly are the other half of you! This totally reminds me of when Ryan left for his mission. Thank heavens this is only 1 month and not 2 years. There's no way I could go through that again!! I have the better part of this deal though, because I have the kids with me to cuddle with at night and to keep me laughing with the funny things they do, as in the picture below. But anyway, life goes on. Life is good. We stay in touch via IM and email, and it's kind of fun. Ryan is staying with a host family and has a roommate who has just finished his first year of medical school. Ryan says he's pretty cool, so I'm glad for that, and the senora they're staying with seems to be nice and treating them well (cooking well too which is important!!)Ryan went to church Sunday, which is right next to the temple. I'm so relieved to hear that he's doing well. Sunday night the kids made a paper chain to count down the days until Ryan gets home. If I had my digital camera (Ryan took it with him) I'd post a picture. I'm counting down the days also, even more so than the kids!!! 
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
Erika, I totally know how this is. Justin was in Chile for six weeks last year. You have such a good attitude and I'm sure the time will go quickly. I hope your kids are giving out lots of hugs.
Post a Comment