Ryan and I had a fantastic time together this past weekend. It was renewing, refreshing, relaxing, and very romantical! Picking him up at the airport was total deja vu, reminding me of our courting days-butterflies in the tummy and all! It was awesome to see him standing there at the curb looking more handsome than ever, holding a big bunch of roses for me imported all the way from Mexico. He swept me off my feet once again, just as in times past. What a great feeling to be able to feel that way again! I can't tell you how nice it was, and is, to be together again. We just can't keep our hands off eachother, and I don't mean that way,(well, maybe that way too but we won't go into that of course Ü) but to be next to eachother again and to have someone there to touch, is so wonderful. We as human beings need to touch, to feel, to have that physical contact with another human being.
So, after the airport we drove to the Homestead Resort in Midway, which is up past Park City. We had never been, so I thought it would be fun to try a new place. It's absolutely beautiful up there! We stayed for 2 nights in a great little "cottage" and had such a good time. It was so fun to be together again, to laugh so much again, and to pretend like we were newlyweds again. (Yes Dennis and Anita, we played our special game of Uno-we stepped it up a notch this time though.) That's one thing I love about Ryan is he always makes me laugh. He can act so silly sometimes and not care at all about what other people think.
When we went home and picked up the kids from Terry & Diane's, the kids were just thrilled to see their dad again! They ran and clung to him and wouldn't let go. It was great to see them all together again. They were anxious to see what treasures Ryan brought back for them from Mexico. We've had a great time catching up as a family. It's just so sweet to have Ryan home. Such a relief for me!! It almost feels now as though he was never gone. It's strange how time does that! I'm looking forward to the rest of summer and doing things together as a family before school starts up again for Ryan and the kids! Life is good, it's better than good, and I am just so thankful to have my family back in one piece again. We are whole and complete.




Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment