We have another birthday to celebrate this week! It's Gwennie-girl's turn this time! Our oldest turns 11 today. She is growing up rapidly. She will be in 6th grade this school year, young women's and junior high are just around the corner (ugh!). It's so exciting to see her grow up though. Gwen is such a delight to have around. She has such a sweet disposition, and is very easy going. She likes to be goofy, and doesn't care who sees her that way! (like her dad). Gwen thrives on learning and studying, and loves school. When asked what she wanted to do for her birthday she asked if Ryan could take her to school with him again. Last year, Ryan was taking some summer classes so he had school on Gwen's birthday and took her to his classes with him. Gwen totally loved it and thought she was cool to be with the college kids! She's one smart cookie, and I know she'll go far if she continues to apply herself throughout the rest of her school years. Forgive me if I boast, but I am very proud of Gwen and the good friend she is to others. She is a peacemaker. She is a leader, and I'm so thankful for that. Those are great qualities to have these days! Along with learning, Gwen loves to read (immensely!), loves computers, plays the piano, likes to dress modestly, has the cutest dimples I know, plays the violin, loves art, likes to shop, loves music (the Jonas Bros. to be precise), loves her Webkinz collection, loves chocolate (like yours truly), and she is starting to love watching Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, etc.! It's so fun to have my daughters old enough to like these kinds of things! Even Gretel likes P&P! My life is complete! Anyway, Gwen I know you're reading this, and want you to know you're wonderful just the way you are and don't ever think otherwise! I'm so glad to be your mother. Happy Birthday! 





Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment