I am so thankful today that I finally finished my Medical Transcription course! I started it at the end of January and turned in my final exam this morning!! Hallelujah! It's such a relief to have it done, although I feel like strangling a couple doctors who were impossible to understand. Ryan vowed that he would never talk like that when he's a doctor Ü. It was comforting to know that he couldn't understand some of the dictation either, and that it wasn't just me. Most doctors find dictation as an inconvenience and this is very evident when they are talking really fast and mumbling words so quickly that you have no idea what they are talking about. Medical transcription is not as easy as I thought it would be. There are so many medical terms and so many different drugs, and it's always evolving, so it really keeps you on your toes. Some types of medical reports are easier to type than others. Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to piece a puzzle together or figure out a riddle with the clues given, but I know with more and more practice it will become easier for me. So I'm really relieved to have the final done, and even though I know I didn't do it perfectly, I did the best I could and we'll see if I passed!
Oh, and I have to just say while I'm on this medical kick, that I am really thankful for medicine. It's amazing all that doctors and researchers are doing these days, and even though not all doctors are really good ones (I'm sure we all know one who isn't great), I am thankful for the ones I've got. I have gained a greater appreciation for doctors after seeing all they have to go through to become one in the first place! It's a long, hard road, but I am so glad we are on it--it makes life interesting.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
Yeah Erika! Congratulations! You are a trooper and you've worked sooo hard I really hope you pass! I'm sure you will!
Congratulations! I bet it's so nice to have that done. I'll be thinking good thoughts for your last exam score.
Way to go! I can't believe you're done already. You must have put a lot of time into this. I'm so impressed that you could find the time to work on it. At my house, I'd have to fight for the computer, and then the kids would be a total distraction.
Post a Comment