
I am so thankful today for the two people who brought me into this world, my Mom and Dad. I can't even begin to say how I feel about them. They have done, and continue to do, so much good. They are dedicated to serving others. There's nothing they wouldn't do for their family, or anyone else for that matter. They have been married for 47 years (I think!) and are the parents of 11 (10 living) children-8 girls and 3 boys. They have been through so much over the years as you can imagine with that many kids! They are such a strong example to me of "endurance". I am thankful that they raised me in the gospel and taught me its principles and the importance of keeping the commandments. I am thankful for the love and support they constantly give me and my family. I am thankful for their willingness to help us out in any way that they can. I am thankful for all the delicious meals we've had the pleasure of enjoying in their home, and the many hours we've spent there in their company. It is always a comfort to go there. I am just so thankful to have two parents who love me unconditionally, and I love them right back!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
You do have wonderful parents. I don't remember you dad as much, but I remember you mom as always being very sweet. That she was always welcoming when we'd come over to your house, especially as it was usually early in the morning before school. Having wonderful parents truly is a special blessing.
Erika, I love your parents. They are definitely remarkable people and so kind.
Your kindness and gentle heart are such a credit to them. I'm sure your kids will say the same great things about you and Ryan some day. (or maybe they already do. it seems like we don't always fully appreciate our parents until we're in their position.)
Post a Comment