Wow, it really does feel like the North Pole today. Can you say, shiver me timbers? I'm kind of glad it snowed this weekend though. Ryan and I took off Friday to do our Christmas shopping, got some take-out, and headed up Ogden Canyon to the Alaskan Inn for the night. This was kind of a late anniversary/Christmas break celebration, and a much needed break for the both of us. We stayed in a cabin called "The North Pole". It too, literally felt like the North Pole when we got inside. Our little heater was struggling to warm up the joint so we were shivering for a while. And the toilet seat was FREEZING! So the cabin was Christmas themed. There were Santa's everywhere (a little scary if you ask me--there was one right above our bed on the wall just staring at us)and we also had a Christmas tree. The best part though was the toy train that hung from our ceiling! A totally cute idea for a boys bedroom. Anyway, it had a switch to turn it on and it lit up and said things like "all aboard" and "ho ho ho, merry Christmas". We got a good laugh out of it. We were totally in the holiday spirit and had fun just being away from everything. The snow added so much. We felt so cozy. It was beautiful to look out our window in the morning and see everything covered in white and to see the snow gently falling. We had a delicious breakfast delivered to our door and just lounged around as long as we possibly could until it was time to check-out and go pick up the kids and face the real world again. I'm looking forward to the fun parties we have lined up this week and all the musical festivities me and the girls will be involved in. I better go practice like crazy. Enough of this bloody computer. Chau.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
I have noticed that whenever Ryan has a break, you two do a get-away! I am so happy you do that! It will keep you close, and it's a nice reward for all the hard work/stress you are both going through! Keep it up! You guys are doing great!!!
Post a Comment