Just a couple things before Christmas. First of all, it's snowing like crazy right now. I'm happy to be comfy and cozy here in the office with a completely quiet house, and yes, I'm still in my nightgown Ü. Christian went to morning kindergarten today since it's the last day, so I'm using this time to first blog, of course, and then I'm going to go get all our presents wrapped.
Ryan is presently at the hospital (it's fun to say that) observing a liver tumor surgery. He got up at the crack of dawn and I can honestly say that I love having him gone at the hospital! Don't get me wrong, I totally miss him when he's gone, but mainly because I know that he loves it and is excited about it, and so am I! He's been shadowing a general surgeon, whom he just loves, and has been able to observe lots of things such as gallbladder removals, hernia surgery, and hemorrhoid surgery. He's also been at the hospital lots lately volunteering as a spanish interpreter. He totally loves that too. It gives him a chance to be all over the hospital in all the different departments and gives him more experience with doctors and patient exposure. He has an orthopedic doctor lined up that he's going to shadow next week so that's another thing to look forward to. I love seeing Ryan doing this because it just seems to suit him so well. He's happy and he's learning and I'm so proud of him. And I have to brag and tell you that he got all straight A's again. To me that is a wonderful accomplishment because I never got straight A's!
So I'm attaching another video. I seem to be full of them lately but I can't resist. This is Christian's kindergarten Christmas program that I went to yesterday. It was so cute. He sang his little heart out. I don't know about your kids, but mine are soooo excited for Christmas! I think I'm just as excited! I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve and it's already here. I'm going to savor every minute. I'm so thrilled we'll have a white Christmas this year. It makes it even more special in my book, because I never had a white Christmas growing up. Merry Christmas to you all--I'm so thankful for every one of you. You make my life so happy and meaningful. Have a joyous holiday season.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment