Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Moments

We had so much fun yesterday and I'm so thankful for how the kids and Ryan tried so hard to make it an extra special day for me. We spent the evening with Ryan's family, had a BBQ (the men cooked everything and got it all set up), enjoyed the sunshine, and played! I think the highlight of the night was playing "swing olympics". Ryan's bros Kevin and Craig made it up (how old are they again???) Just kidding. We all busted up laughing at them as they showed us how it's done. To let you know briefly what it is, two people sit on swings,as in the pictures below. Your feet cannot touch the ground. You start out perfectly still. On the count of one you (very quickly) turn your head and look at eachother with your hands down by your sides. On the count of two you (very quickly once again) thrust your legs out in front of you as straight as you can and grip the chains. On the count of three it all begins and you try to get your swing to move by moving your body back and forth. Getting your swing to start moving is very hard to do since you have to start out perfectly still. And since you can't use your feet to push off the ground to get going, you have to use your legs and upper body to slowly get the momentum going. The first person to get going high enough to touch their foot on the monkey bars wins. Make sense? This was really quite entertaining to watch. I can only imagine how ridiculous I looked doing it! (I lost by the way. I'm blaming it on my short legs!)Ryan's mom and dad even did it against eachother. His mom won! It was great fun. And I must say, the men really out-did themselves with the food. It was all so delicious and perfectly done! I say they do this more often Ü.













No, nobody's handicapped, just like to play in wheelchairs!

1 comments:

Heather said...

That is hilarious! How nice of the guys~next year we should have OUR guys make all the food! We'll give them the recipes of what we want of course!