Here's an idea I had and found a cute pattern for it here . Little Mr. Bluebird, or red, or green, or whatever cute colors and patterns you choose. He's a cinch to sew together. You could whip out dozens of these in no time and they take little fabric. I'd love to make some larger ones. They'd be cute given as a pair-one large, one small, in Christmas colors or colors of the decor of the person you're giving them to. I did have to put some dried beans in his tail to help weight him down do he didn't fall forward on his beak and it solved the problem. So here's a peek at Mr. Bird. I kind of think he resembles a seal, but I think he's cute nonetheless and my kids adore him.



Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
How about some sort of pancake syrup (coconut!!!??) in a cute container? I wanted to do choke cherry syrup this year, but I had a baby and didn't get any found around here. Next year for sure, cuz they are everywhere in Teton Valley!
I feel the same as everyone else about the present thing. I think this year my kids will get ski clothes (most likely from the thrift store in Victor, cuz they are way expensive). They will be doing down hill skiing for winter sports at school after the Christmas break. This is something they need. We always got things we needed for christmas--clothes,etc, along with toys or gadgets. I'd like to do more of that.
Gifts really are the thought that counts, not what is spent. I like the idea of making things. It's so personal. I have done the handmade card thing, and I enjoyed doing that and the people liked them. You can always use those. good luck on your quest!!
Coconut syrup, what a great idea! I always make it with some brown sugar in it, but maybe if I made it with all white it would look more like coconut and I could put in some small jars or something if I can't find bottles. I could also print some cute labels out--I'm sure Martha has some. Good idea!!
i LOVE THE BIRD/SEAL! GREAT FABRIC CHOICE! i CAN'T WAIT TO SEE #2 HANDMADE GOODNESS! yOU INSPIRE ME! wE SHOULD DO A PROJECT TOGETHER!
Post a Comment