There's nothing easy about moving cross-country. Lately our minds and lives have been consumed with all the miscellaneous preparations for our new lives ahead. House papers. House inspection. Power of attorney mumbo jumbo. Cupboard plans. Window treatments. Bathroom stuff. Paint selection. Flooring selection. Immunizations for Ryan. Finding new violin teacher. Finding new insurance company (ours will not cover homes in VB because its too close to the coast). Financial aid. Registering kids for school. And the list goes on and on...but still, we're so happy and would much rather be engrossed in all this tedious stuff than sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting to see if we'll get in medical school or not. And so the beginnings of packing and sorting have begun. I've already made 2 trips to the DI in the past 2 weeks and see more coming in the near future. I love that we are getting rid of what we don't need or use anymore. Gwen asks me every single day what she can pack. She thrives off of it. It's like an obsession for her. It's good to have her for the weeks ahead because I know I'll need her.
We have officially survived our first week of summer break. For the past 2 summers I swear I have gained 10 pounds due to stress and craziness with the kids being home. I have made a pact with myself that I will not allow that to happen this year. Working from home is a huge blessing, but when the kids are home all day every day it makes it tough. And my accutane has been making me very sluggish to say the least, and my dose has been lowered even more as my body isn't tolerating it very well, so it's all I can do to go on a daily walk with Ryan or the kids but I am determined to do at least that. Is it a bad sign when walking by the neighbors pig pen tonight I snorted at the four little piggies and they instantly came over to me and snorted back? I think we're kindred spirits Ü. Yikes. Time to chill on the chocolate.
So life continues to roll right along. I don't even like to think about leaving all our friends and loved ones behind (I refuse to say the words "good-bye"). It would be easier to just get this done pronto instead of waiting another month and a half. It's torture. I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest thing we've ever had to do.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
I'm glad you are making plans and getting things lined out. It will be hard to wait. But, you guys are so good at it, I'm sure you'll make it! Our summer starts today! But it hasn't even been warm yet, so you wouldn't know it's summer.
I don't like goodbyes either. I prefer, "see you later," which if you think about it, should be our goal, "when again we assemble at home." Soon there will be more friends to meet and wonder how your life was complete without them. It's always good to have lots and lots of wonderful people in your life and this is just an opportunity to meet more.
I got a laugh at the little piggies bit! I just spent a week in which the piggies would run to protect their food if I walked by! I'm glad you are getting things done and even though there is a lot, you can be satified by checking off one thing at a time. One less thing to worry about!
Post a Comment