Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nothing Says Summer Like PB

Photobucket
It's a treat when the latest Pottery Barn catalog comes in the mail. Both May and June issues are plastered with pictures of "Coastal Style" furniture and decor. It makes me crave Virginia and our soon-to-be home by the sea. I've been thumbing through them on a daily basis as I've been contemplating paint colors, curtains, etc. I really can't wait to get to our house so I can transform it and make it "home". Oh, and the best part is the "Chesapeake" line of outdoor furniture in PB--how appropriate is that? And I find myself loving anything "crab" lately, anything americana or red, white, and blue. So classic, and so Virginia!
Photobucket
Chesapeake Collection
Photobucket
Photobucket
This picture reminds me of some homes we pass in VB that you can see when driving on the interstate that are out on the water. There are tons of little (and big) bodies of water EVERYWHERE and lots of homes that are waterfront. So pretty.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Crab!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am in love with these prints. Can't stop staring at them. Love the reds and blues!

3 comments:

Afton said...

The picture with the crab, red potatoes and corn is called a Low Country Boil. If I'm not mistaken, the correct way to eat this is to spread the table with newspaper and dump everything out on it. I was really surprised when my sister told me they ate their dinner dumped out on newspaper, but evidently it's a popular southern thing to do. I guess food dumped on newspaper didn't look as good to the Pottery Barn photography team though. ;)

Heather said...

I do see a lot of red in these pictures!!!! I dream of a coastal home with a porch like these pictures! You would love two of my friend's houses. (Erika and Kristen's) They are both coastal homes and sooo cute! If you ever want to see them, I'm sure I could get you in!

Erika said...

I had no idea Afton! That's my kind of meal--no dishes! I can't wait to try some good southern cooking!