The world is a beautiful place. There are happy things all around us if we just take the time to look. Today happiness is a little old man in silky running shorts just running his heart out down the street. It's seeing the candied fruit on display at the grocery store. It's seeing the American flag whipping in the wind on neighbor's homes (we still need to figure out how to put ours on our pole, hint hint Ryan Ü). It's going to the thrift store and knowing that all the proceeds are going to the children's hospital. It's playing my Christmas sheet music on the piano in October. It's having cooler weather today so that our house can finally cool down! It's seeing a beautiful red cardinal at the bird feeder. It's good friends who help ease the loss of having family around. It's family who are there for you and care about you even though they are hundreds of miles away. It's knowing that although I never see my husband that he loves me unconditionally and needs me so. It's looking around me at all the little messes left here and there by the kids and just chuckling at how cute they are (the kids, not the messes!). It's a neighbor dropping off a hot pie made from apples freshly picked from the mountains of Virginia. Now it doesn't get any better than that! (unless it's one of my mama's pies!) Happy Friday to you all.

Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
Wow..that looks delish! I've never been a good pie maker.
Happy Friday to you too!
I just got caught up on your posts! I've been so busy and haven't looked at any blogs all month! I love everything you have written and photos of Virginia and your life!!!! I feel like I'm there with you! Ryan looks great in scubs, your hair is super cute, the beach pictures are fab, your house is a dream, I love it all!!!! You are really lucky to be living your life there and having all these wonderful experiences! Can't wait for the holidays...It won't be the same without you guys...we missed you Halloween night. Love ya!!!!!!!!!!
i craved pie all night on Saturday after seeing the pictures of this. I sent Brian out to get me pie but he came home with ribs instead. oh well... close! ;)
Post a Comment