
If it were April Fools Day I could tell all of you I have skin cancer, but darn it, it's not, so I can only tell you that I get to once again have the dermatologist hack into my back! One of my moles came back atypical, which means it's not cancerous but has the make to one day become cancerous. So they have to go in deep and remove all the tissue around where the mole was. As some of you know this happened to me back in 1994 and I have a lovely scar on my back to show for it. I couldn't even hug Ryan properly at the airport when he left on his mission, for fear that my stitches would split. Luckily the derm said that their procedures now are different and better, so I shouldn't have such a big scar this time. Whenever people see my scar, they ask, "what happened to your back?" Luckily, the mole I had removed from my nose was benign, so I'm happy about that. So everyone: have your moles checked, wear lots of sunscreen or stay out of the sun! Self-tanners and bronzers are great, and you don't get dry, saggy, wrinkly skin from them! Let's take care of our skin so we can age gracefully and look hot when we're 50!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment