Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, April 21, 2008

We Did It!



If any of you have never been in a 5k or anything like it, I'd highly recommend it. Saturday Ryan and I ran our first 5k in the Salt Lake City Marathon, and all I can say is-"that was so much fun!!!!" Going by ourselves would have been alright, but the fact that we went with my sister Heather and her husband Kelly made it a blast! We all started out together but were soon separated due to our different paces. Ry was way ahead of me, and finished a few minutes before me. I'm not a "runner". I jog. But I still did all right-I was pleased with my time. It was fun looking around at all the different people in the race. Anyone can do it-you don't have to be a runner-there were a lot of people walking. My favorite part was at the end of the race (it ended at Gateway) so you're running along, pushing it with all you've got, and there are all these people along the sidelines cheering you on, and you just feel so good knowing that you're almost there and that you actually did it. It was almost a spiritual thing for me-it would be easy to relate a race to life, and to our ultimate goal which is to make it back to our Father in Heaven. Anyway, it was awesome and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Congrats! I am so Proud of you guys! it that a little weird to say? Oh well. That is awesome that you did it. I have a lot of friends who run marathons and they have often described it as something spiritual I think I would really love the experience if I could run. Bad genes. Let us know when you do another. We'd love to be there to cheer you on. And of course we'll be there WHEN you run the St. George Marathon.

Dorri said...

WOW, that is so cool, maybe someday I'll walk one or something. My older brother Dixon has been running marathons for a couple of years now, he loves it. It amazes me what your body can do if you treat it right!