Baseball/Softball season has arrived! Ryan and I aren't crazy about the whole competitive team sports thing, and I've refused to become a soccer mom and drive around with a bumper sticker on my minivan saying so(no offense to any of you soccer moms out there)but we finally gave in last year when we let Pierce play baseball. This year, not only is Pierce playing, but Gwen wanted to try softball. I'm not super excited about the busy schedule we have with both of them playing, but what do you do? So last night was Pierce's first game. He looked so spiffy in his uniform-I've always thought the Yankees look the sharpest with their navy and grey. Anyway, he was so excited to play, and his team did very well. They won! Score was 23-5, so we're off to a good start this season. Last year, the coach wasn't really on the ball, and they only won 2 games. That was a little hard for Pierce to deal with, but it was a good learning experience for him. This year Pierce has a coach and 2 assistant coaches, who are all EXTREMELY into the game, and who work the boys really hard. It's good to see this, and to see them give each of the boys the help they need to become better players. I'm actually looking forward to more games!

Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
You're right about not being crazy about all that stuff, but I love going to baseball/softball games in the summertime. There's just something about cheering on your favorite team. It truly is America's pastime. Have an be samne!
He has grown up so much! I still think of him as 5 years old and in my primary class. Where has the time gone? :)
Post a Comment