Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where Were We 15 Years Ago?


Fifteen years ago, Ryan and I both lived in Santa Rosa, California. It was almost time to graduate from High School, and Ryan and I had our very first date, (well I guess you could call it a date). I invited him over to watch movies. We watched "The Cutting Edge" and "Housesitter". Thinking back on those dating days, they were good times. We only had a short time where we could actually see eachother on a regular basis, since Ryan and his family moved back to Utah 2 months after we began dating. Come to think of it, from the time we started dating, to the time we got married, it was all long distance dating. Two of those years Ryan was on his mission to Argentina, so that was REALLY long distance. Even after we got engaged we lived apart-me in Cali, and Ry in Utah, up until a month before we got hitched. Since the beginning, I have always felt like I just can't get enough of Ryan. Up to this day, I still get excited when I see him, and look forward to spending as much time as possible with him. It's amazing to me that after those crazy 3 1/2 years before we got married, we somehow stayed together. Somehow we ended up together forever, and I know it wasn't just luck.

0 comments: