Ryan and I were bursting at the seams with pride yesterday. One of Gwen's friends wrote a play and her class performed it. Gwen was fortunate enough to get the leading role, and she did an excellent job. She really is a go-getter, and I'm so proud of her bravery and her desire to shine, and not hide her light under a bushel. The play was about a girl named Jenna who was a "tomboy" and everyone was trying to make her be something she didn't want to be. She tried being a frilly, girly-girl, a goth chic, a nerd, but in the end she just wanted to be herself, so the play had a good moral to it.
Last night, Gwen and Pierce had a piano recital. For those of you who don't know, they take lessons from Diane, my mother-in-law. They respond so much better to her than they ever would to me teaching them, and she makes it fun for them. They are progressing nicely, and it's to the point where I really, truly enjoy listening to them play! I'm proud of how they're developing their talents and expanding their little selves. This is what life is all about, and it's fun to see their little personalities shine through and to see them grow and learn, and to find out who they really are. Precious moments!





Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment