Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn


This is supposedly the official cover for Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. Pretty awesome if it really is! How do you interpret the pawn/queen thing? Someone said that the red pawn is how Bella has always seen herself, and then the white queen is Bella once she's changed, in her new life. I like that interpretation!! Here's the excerpt from the book that goes with it:

"Dont be afraid," I murmured.
"We belong together."
I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words.
This moment was so perfect, so right.
There was no way to doubt it.
His arms wrapped around me,
holding me against him ....
it felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
"Forever," he agreed.


This conversation better be going on with Edward, or else! (Only 58 more days to find out!)

1 comments:

Erika said...

This IS the cover-they have it on Amazon.com now, and you can order the book for a really good price! Thanks Erin for your interpretation of the excerpt-I was worried that it was Bella talking to Jacob, but Erin thinks it's Bella telling Edward to not be afraid to bite her and change her, that they'll be together forever. I didn't think of that, but I absolutely love it! Let's hope that's what it means-gives me goosebumps! Ü