Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, June 9, 2008

Gotta Love It!


Don't you just love to hear your kids tell you what they learned in primary? I'm really thankful for the primary teachers we have and all that they do for my kids-primary is truly inspired! I don't know if it's just a girl thing, but in our family both of my girls, at around the same age, have come home from primary and pretended that they're the teacher, and have tried to recreate the lesson they saw their teacher teach in primary that day. So Gretel is going through this phase right now, and the above picture is a "lesson" she gave. I just walked in the office the other day and saw it up on the board. Seeing it put a big smile on my face. I later asked her about what she had written, and she said it was a lesson she gave to her baby doll Whitlee about what was good for Whitlee to eat and what was bad for Whitlee to eat. Some of the items on her list are so funny-I'll interpret them, as you can see she hasn't mastered spelling yet, just sounds things out.

BAD (frowning face)
beer
soda
mustard
rocks
candy
blood

GOOD (Ü face)
beans
pears
juice
water
milk
watermelon
sweet potatoes
corn
granola bars
apples

0 comments: