Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, June 13, 2008

In Honor of My Father

With Father's Day just around the corner, I wanted to take a moment and say how much I love my "Poppyseed"! I know we all think that our dad is the best dad in the world, but I have to say that mine TRULY is! Ü He's been a constant source of support, love, and comfort my entire life. He's the most patient man I know-I don't think he can yell, because I've never heard him do it. Ever since he converted to the gospel many, many years ago, he has been faithful and has honored his priesthood always. I am so thankful for all of the priesthood blessings I have received by his hands throughout the years. He has always treated my mother with the utmost respect and love. He is always willing to do whatever you ask of him, even when he's not feeling that hot. Among the grandkids he is known as "Grampy" and they always enjoy hearing their Grampy tell them silly stories and poems that he's made up. Whenever my dad and I are visiting, the conversation always ends up on some gospel principle, and I am so thankful for the great source of information and wisdom my dad provides for me. I know that whenever I need it, he's there with it! Whenever I need a dose of encouragement or strength, he's got it ready for me! He's a deeply spiritual man who is a wonderful example to me of how I would like to be someday when I grow up. Thanks dad for being who you are and for being MY dad. I love you.

0 comments: