
I know I haven't been regular in blogging as of late. Ryan is wondering if I'm ill or something for not doing so. I'm fine, we're still alive, and managing life without a father-figure in the home, as hard as that is at times. This just proves to me the importance of having a mother AND a father in the home, and my mind is drawn to the Proclamation for Families. Families are truly inspired. Without the proper family unit, things just do not work nearly as well!
So I'm getting ready to go visiting teaching today, and as I read over the message for this month, I really liked the quote from Julie B. Beck. So here it is, your thought for the day, and hopefully it touches you the way it touched me.
"Women have distinct assignments given to them from before the foundation of the world. We know that in the great premortal conflict we sided with our Savior, Jesus Christ, to preserve our potential to belong to eternal families. We know we are daughters of God, and we know what we are to do...We believe in the formation of eternal families...We know that the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force...We have faith that with the Lord's help we can be successful in rearing and teaching children. These are vital responsibilities in the plan of happiness, and when women embrace those roles with all their hearts, they are happy!"
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment