The day has finally come. Our little Rascal has been sick for the past few days-no eating, no squeaking, just staying in his little house. Well this morning I went in to check on him, and found he had passed on during the night. Our sweet little Rascal is no more. I'm headed into town to run a few errands, but when I return we'll carry out his funeral. The kids have chosen a shoe box to put him in, and we found a nice spot behind the smokehouse to bury him. The boys will be the grave diggers and pallbearers, and the girls will be in charge of flowers and play a violin duet in honor of his cuteness. That leaves me in charge of the ham and funeral potatoes-ha ha! We love you Rascal-maybe we'll see you again someday.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
Oh so sad. We haven't dealt with pet-death yet but I dread the day. You're so sweet to be all official about it.
I hope the potatoes are good!
That was the cutest post! I love the picture of Rascal. Your blog is always fun! We'll miss you Rascal! Rest in Peace!
Post a Comment