
My most favorite season is Autumn, no question about it. I can feel it slowly creeping in. I love the change in the air when Autumn arrives. I love the fresh, crisp smell. I love the harvest season, when I see farmers busy in their fields, finishing up before the cold hits. I love eating the last of the garden produce and seeing the garden die down back into the earth from which it came. I love the changing colors of Autumn-all my favorites-red, orange, yellow and brown. I love pumpkins and gourds of all different sizes and shapes and I love to fill my home with them. I love the sound of dry leaves as they crunch and crackle under my feet. I love how I feel when I am productive in the kitchen baking delicious pumpkin bread, hearty soups, and holiday treats. I love the scents of cinnamon and spice. I love sipping on a piping hot mug of hot chocolate at the end of the day when all is quiet. I love canning and the satisfied feeling it gives me as I store up for the months ahead. I love spending lazy evenings with my family when it's cold and dark outside. I love getting wrapped up in a blanket and reading to my heart's content. I love that the days grow shorter, reminding me that the earth is going to sleep, and there will be rest for a season. I love the peace I feel in my soul when Autumn is here and the beautiful blessings it brings.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
Well said! I love how you love all the simple pleasures life offers.
Yes, yes, yes!! Autumn is my favorite time of year too. But you forgot to add one thing...College Football. Go Ducks! :)
We are HAPPY to give any advice or info about how we got to med school. It's a tough road!!
Rick got a 32 on his MCAT, which isn't amazing, but a very good, solid score that can get into most schools. We paid the big bucks for the Kaplan online course, and it was worth it.
He was accepted to 5 schools, which I attribute mostly to his well-roundedness (he had lots of experience doing research with a professor, many service and leadership positions, etc.) I also think his essays helped a lot. We spent many many hours on both his AMCAS essay and the essays for the secondary applications of each school.
We are at Wake Forest in Winston Salem, NC. (After nearly going to Georgetown but switching at the last minute.) We are SO happy here. It's a small-ish town where we can live literally less than a mile from campus. (In D.C. it would've been a long commute and poor living conditions.) And Rick is super happy with friendly students and teachers.
If you have any specific questions, please let me know!
Post a Comment