Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, September 8, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Those of you who know me well know that I love food. I love to eat food, cook food, smell food, and just be around yummy goodness all the time. As of late, I have been enjoying many new recipes I have found online. These have been waaaaayyyy too good! I have felt the need (for some odd reason) to bake bread, make cookies, cakes, pizza, and all sorts of carb-filled, sugar-filled items that are totally brutal to my waistline, and if I make it--I eat it! SO, it is time for this madness to stop, or I will very soon not be able to fit in my pants and get majorly depressed. Goodbye sweets. Goodbye bread (warm out of the oven slathered with a big hunk of fresh, cold butter). I've had my fill and can take no more.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Good luck!! You're a stronger woman than I. If I give them up I don't just give up tasting good food; I give up a hobby too. I Love BAKING!!!

Heather said...

Erika, I feel your pain because I've been out of control too and it HAS to stop! I got into the bread thing and the sweets! It is crazy how fast weight can get put on! I am determined to work out 5 days-2 miles a day plus weights and palates 3 days. I HAVE to do it because fall is dangerous! Kel was taking to Chris about excersise yesterday and said morning workouts, 5 days is best. So have fun eating your tofu and wheat grass shakes! Ha Ha! You'll feel better and be happier-(that's what I keep telling myself.)

Erika said...

You're right Heather-fall is definitely dangerous! I want to be able to fit in my fall/winter clothes (my jeans, particularly!) so that's why I'm watching it now!! You and Kelly looked so good last night-you're smaller than ever and you can tell Kelly is working out and taking care of himself, and he looks really good in green! (not that I was checking him out) You guys are an inspiration!! Oh, and I actually did consider making a stir-fry recipe with tofu, but after a moment's thought, decided on meat. I'm not THAT gung-ho!! Ü

Erika said...

Thanks Anita!