Here's a fun activity for your kids this weekend or for FHE--Ice cream in a bag! We've made this twice and both times it was a major hit. Fun AND educational!
For 1 serving:
2 T sugar
1/2 T vanilla
1 pint-sized ziploc bag
1 c milk, half-&-half, or cream*
6 T rock salt (we used kosher)
1 gal. ziploc bag
-Pour cream, sugar, and vanilla in pint-sized bag. Seal.
-Fill gallon-size bag half full with ice. Add salt, then place the pint-sized bag into the gallon bag and seal.
-Shake the bag for 5-7 minutes.
-Take the small bag out, cut off a corner of the bag to squeeze ice cream out into a bowl and enjoy!
-You can add chocolate syrup, strawberries, anything you want to make your own flavor before mixing if you like. Yum!
*In my opinion, cream tastes better, and the ice cream holds up better. With 2% milk it seemed more icy and melted quicker, got watery.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
We made this once and my hands got so cold! I saw one of those "ball" ice cream makers on sale the other day and almost got one so I could kick with the kids instead of squish and toss.
Yes, our hands froze too! Pierce put some gloves on, but it does get pretty dang cold! I've always wanted one of those balls-maybe one of these days I'll splurge.
I'll definatly try this--next year! Looks fun and tasty!
Post a Comment