Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Case of the Missing Pens

It seems that whenever I need a pen to write with, I go to reach for one and there are none there. So when I took the kids to buy school supplies a couple weeks ago, I bought a 10 pack of pens just for me! I thought for sure that this would last me forever. Well, yesterday I was sitting here in the office studying and needed to mark something, so I looked around on the desk for a pen. No such luck. I looked for something, anything, to just make a mark, and all I found was half of a broken pencil-not my ideal choice of something to write with. So then I reached my hand over to where I knew the new pack had been sitting on the desk, but it was all in vain. All I got was the wrapper. The 10 pens were gone with the wind. They had magically disappeared (things have a tendency to "magically" disappear around here). How is this possible? I asked myself. Where in tarnation could all 10 of these pens have gone so quickly? I had only used maybe 2 of them. So today I am in search of the missing pens. I have a pretty good idea where I'll find them.

1 comments:

Afton said...

Oh, I hear you on this one. Whether the pens are in my purse or hidden in the office (just for me) they disappear. So irritating. Maybe we need a pen on a ribbon to wear around our necks?