Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Has Officially Begun

Well yesterday was the Autumnal Equinox and we all know what that means...Fall/Autumn has officially begun! As you well know, this is my very favorite season, and to ring in the new season last night, we enjoyed Cheeseburger Chowder with warm bread and butter (I didn't have time to make homemade bread yesterday), and then went to Ryan's sister's house to pick apples. If that doesn't say Fall, then I don't know what does! Yesterday was a rainy, cozy kind of day, and I enjoyed every minute of it. So here are a couple pictures from last night--Gwen and Pierce ended up in the car after a while because of the mosquitos so I didn't get pictures of them, but good times! Now guess what I'll be doing today with about 2.5 bushels of delicious Jonathon and MacIntosh apples? APPLESAUCE! (Yum!)



Ryan is crazy on a ladder--he has no fear. He was tippy-toeing on the very top of that ladder practically doing a back bend to get the "good" apples, so I was his ladder-holder (I got a nice view, too).

1 comments:

Dixon's said...

I to love fall! Looks like you guys had a great time.