Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, September 22, 2008

My First Time...

...being tagged, of course! Well my lovely sister Heather tagged me, and I've always enjoyed reading other people's "tags" so what the heck, here it goes!

What was I doing 5 years ago?

I (we) were living the good life in our old (new) house with all 4 kids. Our oldest was in 1st grade, and our youngest was 9 months old. It was a busy time for me trying to keep up with 4 kids under the age of 6 (boy am I glad those days are over). I was primary pianist (some things never change), and I was taking a Polynesian dancing class, along with Gwen (she was so cute, and a pro at the poi balls!) and I had just lost all my baby weight doing Atkins--what a WONDERFUL feeling that was! Ryan was busy at his job at Wasatch West Distribution as a manager, and then building homes & pouring concrete in the evenings. We didn't see much of eachother--crazy times, but good times.

Pet Peeves

-Long lines
-Rude drivers that ride on your tail (which is most drivers in Utah)
-When the kids put empty containers back in the fridge
-When I'm defrosting say a bag of frozen chicken and the bag has a whole in it (they always do!) and the raw chicken juices leak all over the inside of the fridge. Gross! (this just happened to me 2 days ago)
-Staring
-cleaning ceiling fans
-cleaning the shower/bathtub
-cleaning the toilet (especially with boys--disgusting)
-cleaning the microwave
-how about I just put down cleaning ANYTHING!
-When my kids leave their wrappers everywhere
-Flipping the mattress on our bed
-BEING LATE! I have to be on time!!

Some Things I Would Do if I Were a Billionaire

-Buy my dream cottage, sparing no expense to make it everything I've always wanted, with a killer yard/garden lush with every plant you can think of, and lots of comfy little spots to go sit and read and sip lemonade, and just be alone.
-Buy a summer home somewhere, right on a lake, surrounded by trees. (kind of like on Cheaper by the Dozen II)
-Travel
-Buy a shiny new Volvo (black)
-Go to the spa every week for a massage, microderm, manicure, anything I felt like. Oh! I would get major laser hair removal done.
-Donate to the church, and then have fun annonymously giving money to people we know are in need.
-Buy my dream piano-Steinway concert grand, black of course.

Favorite Foods

-Pizza--any kind, but if I had my choice-gourmet veggie
-French fries (McDonald's)
-Calamari
-Anything deep fried (I'm so bad, I know!)
-Chocolate chip cookie dough
-Any kind of soup or stew
-Fresh baked bread w/butter (fresh sourdough with unsalted is the bomb)
-Cherries
-Peanut M&M's
-Mangoes
-Homemade cinnamon rolls
-Fruit crisp w/vanilla ice cream (peach or apple)
-Cafe Rio's Sweet Barbacoa Pork Salad
-Homemade salsa
-Cold Stone ice cream, any flavor
-As you can see, I LOVE food!

So now I guess I have to tag someone else. Let's see--and if these people have already been tagged or just think it's stupid, disregard this--Dorri, Anita, and Afton, YOU'RE IT!

2 comments:

miss kitti said...

Erika, we have so much in common (dislikes and favorite foods). I love fresh hot bread with butter. I'll have to try the unsalted with sourdough. Yumm.

Afton said...

I'm on it...after I fold the laundry.