Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Christian Part II


Once again Christian has outdone himself! Just now I downloaded some pictures from the camera and spotted this beauty. He must have had one of the kids take this picture last night while I was practicing piano. I knew he was putting Ryan's mask on, but didn't know he was doing all the posing too! I'm sure all of you have seen Nacho Libre, but if you haven't, you need to! Jack Black is just hilarious. This is the "stretchy pants" pose. Nacho is pretty much Christian's favorite movie. Whenever he wants to watch something he puts Nacho in, so everytime I hear that cheesy music come on the TV, I know it's Christian's doing! Is it bad if my 5 year old's role model is a hairy, lucha libre-fighting, stretchy pant-wearing monk who is in love with a nun?

3 comments:

Afton said...

We've never seen Nacho Libre. This will have to go on our list. The kids have a few days off next week and will need a few things to do.

Definitely read The Hunger Games. It is exciting and amazing and crazy and disturbing (but not in a bad way). I think not knowing it was Book 1 of a trilogy really caught me off guard. In fact, I remember thinking several times through-out the story that I was so glad this was just one book, a complete story from start to finish. I was wrong.

But the book was well written, the story was gripping, all that good stuff. You won't be able to put it down.

Erika said...

YOU HAVE TO SEE NACHO!!!! Even though I don't know your boys, I know they will totally love it!! When Ryan went to Mexico to study this summer he went to some Lucha Libre matches and he said they are exactly like in the movie! Hilarious! The movie is a good family flick. There's not a bad word in the whole movie. The guy who made it is the one who did Napolean Dynamite. He went on his mission to Mexico so he had all these connections down there. It's the best!

Erika said...

Oh, and I definitely have to read The Hunger Games now after reading your review!! Can't wait! My scottish book, The Game of Kings (the 1st in the Lymond Chronicles), is slow going for me because it's a more difficult read, not as easy to get into as Diana Gabaldon, but I'm giving it my best shot. There are tons of characters and I can't keep track of who's who!