Is it bad if all I can think about is Christmas??? I don't know what my problem is! I've already ordered and received my Christmas cards. They were 20% off if I ordered one of last year's discontinued designs. I even ordered the stamps from www.usps.com. There's a new design with nutcrackers on them that are cute and go with our card colors, and since I dislike going to the post office, it will be great to have them delivered right to me! I also couldn't help myself and spent a big chunk of Saturday afternoon making a Christmas playlist for my blog. I have problems, I know!! I found some awesome songs though, and listening to them totally got me in the Christmas spirit! We were all going around the house singing Christmas songs--Ryan included--kinda funny! I'll spare you though and not put the playlist on here yet. But I don't know if I'll be able to control myself once Halloween's over...
Ryan and I have also discussed Christmas presents this year and have come to an agreement that we are only going to get one present for each of the kids. They always get so many other presents from other people, and Santa always fills their stockings to overflowing with lots of fun things, and since they all want expensive things, we will just do one thing. SIMPLICITY!! I want to focus on other things this Christmas besides all the gifts. Somehow I want to make it more meaningful for our kids, and make it more reasonable for our budget.
So sorry Halloween and Thanksgiving. I don't mean to jip you. I love and enjoy you immensely too, but as of today I've got Christmas on my mind!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









2 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love Christmas music. Simplicity is the best. I think Santa is going to be bringing one big family gift this year. I am so glad.
On that note, are we going to draw names this year or what?
Yes, the kids are drawing names. The adults are doing white elephant's--can't wait. I thought of you as I posted this about the Christmas music!
Post a Comment