Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

'Tis the Season

'Tis the season to be...SICK! It seems that we always have a sick child around Halloween time, never fail. This time it's Christian's turn. He and I were up a good portion of the night making several trips to the bathroom where he puked so much I don't think there's a drop left in his tummy! My poor boy. SO, I'm really kind of bummed about this because it puts a big wrench in my plans today! Just last night I had made arrangements with my mother-in-law and Christian's bus driver who picks him up for afternoon kindergarten so that I could go to my dermatologist appointment this morning and then run some errands that I've been wanting and needing to run for some time now. But it looks like I'm homebound now! I hope my dermatologist's office will be understanding and not take my $50 deposit because I'm not giving them 24 hours notice. I was looking forward to a little "me" time today, I know that sounds selfish, and I realized that as I tossed and turned in bed all night. You know, there is something sweet about caring for a sick child. I realized last night that I enjoy giving my kids extra love and attention when they're feeling so cruddy. I think that moms have a certain love and compassion that no one else can give. I love holding back my girls' hair for them and rubbing my boys' backs as they throw up. Does that sound strange? I love that they come to me when they're sick. They come seeking comfort, and it makes me feel of worth when I can give them that comfort. Especially as they grow older and aren't so needy anymore, it feels good to be needed. So I will be home pampering my "baby" today. It's just as well, the wind is sure blowing outside and it sounds like a storm is brewing! Maybe it's better if I stay in and hibernate and sip clear fluids with Christian. Ü

0 comments: