Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, October 13, 2008

I Wasn't Ready For This!!



It's days like this that I wish I lived somewhere else! Doesn't it make you cold just looking at these pictures? We got some major snow yesterday! At least 6 inches here in West Haven, Utah! It was beautiful to look at as it fell so gracefully in big pillowy fluffs, but not so fun to drive to church in! As you can see the van was covered. We have a 2 car garage separate from the house, but only get to use one side because our landlord stores stuff in the other side. And the side that we do have is full of our STUFF so we get to park our cars outside! The kids were excited to wake up to snow and the boys were automatically drawn to it like magnets! They couldn't resist as we walked out the door for church and frolicked around a little in their suits before getting in the car. I have to tell you that yesterday was a crazy morning, the kids were bouncing off the walls and not listening to a word I was saying. (For those of you who don't know, Ryan is 1st counselor in the bishopric for almost 4 years now, leaving me to get the kids ready by myself each Sunday, so it can be stressful to say the least--I don't want to sound braggy or have people say "poor Erika" I just want you to know where I'm coming from!)So I was a little upset by the time we got in the car, and I turned around in the driver's seat to tell the kids to put their seatbelts on when I got pelted in the face with a snowball! I was furious as you can imagine! And I'm sure you can all guess who threw it--PIERCE! He had meant to throw it at Christian but missed and got me smack-dab in the face. So I carefully tried to rub it off the best I could without messing up my make-up and spoke, very loudly, some choice words to Pierce. I had had enough! He ended up crying, I felt kind of bad, but I was tired of his shenanigans! Luckily I had cooled down by the time we sat down in the chapel. Church can work miracles on the soul. So Ryan stopped by our bench as he always does on his way up to the stand to say hi to us and I told him what happened and what does he do??? He laughs!!! That's Ryan for you! But I'm glad he did laugh at the whole situation, because it then made me laugh and realize how uptight I had been. Ryan has that effect on me, where he can just make everything all better.

So anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this little post here. Just rambling I guess. The snow is melting very rapidly this morning and the sun is shining bright. Another beautiful day full of new opportunities. I'm hoping to be a little more patient with the kids today and to have a smile on my face. Isn't life great, hard times and all?

1 comments:

Dorri said...

I'm impressed that there were only words and no laying on of hands. PJ caught me in the face with some snow last winter as I was shoveling the driveway, not a happy moment.
Boise got snow on friday but in Caldwell nothing, I can wait a little longer for it to come. Though for the first time ever I get to have my car parked in the garage for winter. Woo-Hoo