I am very thankful for music today. My life has always revolved around music. It's a large part of who I am. There's a quote that says "Without music life would be a mistake". I love that, because I can't imagine my life without music. I've been playing the piano since I was 8 years old, and music has always been my own personal therapy. No matter what my emotion may be, I love that I can always express that emotion through the piano. My piano is always there, ready and waiting for me to come plop down and tell it how I feel. Music heals like medicine, music inspires. Music speaks to the soul. Music is full of memories and can bring things to mind as fresh as if they just happened. Music uplifts and invites the Spirit before words ever can. I am so thankful for the music in my life and for the joy it gives me each and every day.
I am especially thankful for my children and the progress they continue to make with their own music. Music lessons are a priority in our house over sports or anything else. Gwen, Pierce, and Gretel play the piano, and Gwen and Gretel play the violin. I've been toying with the idea of starting Christian on the cello soon, but we'll see. Saturday Gwen and Gretel had a violin recital and they did a beautiful job. Here is Gretel's performance, but I couldn't post Gwen's because it was too long and over the Blogger limit, but she has another recital Thurday night so I'll post a clip of that on Friday.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
That was wonderful! How sweet that must be to have that music in your home while they practice.
Good job Gretal! How cute! I love listening to your girls play! Can't wait for Christmas!
I think arts are so important in a childs upbringing. My three oldest play the piano. Although I do not play, I have started to dance again and it's my therapy. I am grateful that I can still move and music is a part of dance, so it plays a very important role in my life as well...
Post a Comment