I'm so thankful for missionaries today, and not just any missionaries, missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! They are amazing and I love being in their presence, especially when they are just getting home. I totally look up to these men who are much younger than I! Ryan's youngest brother Kevin returned from his mission to Mexico last night and we had such a good time seeing him and visiting with him again. It was fun to see the other missionaries who got off the plane first and their family's reactions. It got us all crying before Kevin even arrived! The kids were especially happy to see him. They have always looked up to him, and I'm so glad that he has set this wonderful example for them and served a mission. It kind of brought back memories of when Ryan came home from his mission to Argentina. I was so nervous to see him that I couldn't eat, sleep, or even TALK! I was a mess, and it was very awkward, and we'll just leave it at that. We're together now, aren't we, and that's all that matters! Ü Ryan now has a brother that he can speak spanish with. It's cool to listen to them. Anyway, I'm just amazed at what serving a mission can do for young men (and young women). They gain so much and learn things that they can't learn anywhere else. I think of how a mission changed Ryan and the knowledge he gained, and I am so grateful for that. It's the best thing a 19-year-old guy can do!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
That's so cool! Love the hats! Little Kevin is all grown up!
Post a Comment