Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, January 26, 2009

At Least I Didn't Gain


After analyzing what I did differently this week, I've come to the conclusion that I need to be more obedient. I know I'm still on track, and that it's most healthy to only lose 1-2 pounds a week, I just think I need to do a little better than this. This week I had major munchies due to a wonderful yet unwanted visitor, my Auntie "Flow". I didn't munch on anything totally bad. The worst was trail mix with m&m's in it--oh, I take that back. I did eat that, but I also stopped at the health food store and couldn't resist buying a little bag of carob peanut clusters. I ate the whole bag they were so good. So that was very naughty, I know. I snacked a little more than I should have I think. I also stopped running this week due to my hip, doctor's orders, and was taking an anti-inflammatory which I have stopped taking because I did not like the side-effects. I fast-walked 3 miles 5 of the 6 days though, but I don't think that's enough. I need to up it to 4 miles this week, and I can't miss a day like I did last week! Six days or nothing! I must say though, I am starting to feel a lot better putting my jeans on. Less bloating going on which is great.

So I'm more determined to give it my all this week. I have a busy week ahead of me and hope that that works to my advantage. The more busy I am running around, the less time I have to think about food!

2 comments:

Afton said...

looks like the green line still went down...just not as dramatically. Keep up the great work. Aunt Flow is so annoying the way she makes you crave stuff.

Erika said...

Thanks for helping me think positive. Yes Auntie Flow totally messes with me and I can't stand it!!