Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bruxism


Anyone know what bruxism is? I recently found out the meaning when I went online searching for a cure for my nightly teeth grinding. Bruxism is "involuntary grinding or clenching of the teeth". My husband has informed me that I have been doing this for quite some time in my sleep. I feel bad because I guess it's loud enough to wake him up. He doesn't complain, but I know he needs what little sleep he can get these days. Last night he said I was grinding in a pattern--interesting! I can't for the life of me remember what I was dreaming about. I was so tired I passed out when my head hit the pillow. SOOOO, I went on www.stressgard.com and purchased myself a "guard" like the one in the picture above. It's really not bad to wear, but I've been forgetting to put it in before I go to sleep. I should have known lately with my new job and the crazy day I had yesterday and all the anxiety, frustration, and stress I've been feeling that I should have definitely worn it last night!! And it's not just to keep the noise down. Bruxism is bad for the enamel on your teeth--it wears it down. And the clenching can't be good either. I wake up every morning with my jaw tightly clenched and it almost gives me a headache just thinking about it. So I'm hoping my guard will help put an end to my problem so that Ryan and I will be able to get a much better sleep!

0 comments: