Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, February 20, 2009

My Own Little Monchichi


"Monchichi, Monchichi, oh so soft and cuddly, la-la-la, la-la-la" Remember this little song from the Monchichi commercials back in the 80s? I sing it to my kids all the time and they think I'm nuts. They have no clue what a monchichi is, but now they do! This is for them. I really don't have a monchichi, and never did get one back when they were popular. BUT, I do have a son named Pierce who happens to look like a monchichi right now! Seriously, when I look at him I think "monchichi". He has needed a haircut desperately for the past 3 weeks, and every Saturday night when I say "Pierce, it's time for a haircut" he begs me to let it grow one more week. So, I've given in each week he does this because I really haven't felt like giving him one anyway. But I call him my little monchichi because he looks just like one! His hairline and the way his straight hair sticks out everywhere is just like this picture! Too bad he wasn't home right now and I could take a picture of him to compare. I finally got my own monchichi! (What exactly IS a monchichi anyway? A monkey?)

4 comments:

Dorri said...

I totally remember these, didn't they have a cartoon too?? PJ starts looking like them too if I wait to long in between his haircuts.

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

I totally had one! I wonder if it is stashed somewhere in my parents house still! I loved my Monchichi and totally sing that song to my kids too.

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

I just realized that I used the word "totally" twice in that comment. I must be flashing back!

Heather said...

I'll never forget the day me and mom went out and bought a Monchichi for my b-day...Oh how I loved that furry little thumb sucker!