
I've often raved about Diet Barq's Root beer and how it's my lifesaver when I'm craving something sweet. Well, as sweet and delicious as it is, I don't think it's helping me in my weight loss efforts. I think it's holding me back. I've heard a lot lately that artificial sweeteners can hinder weight loss and cause you to hold on to those extra pounds. I knew this in the back of my mind this whole time, well, ever since I did Atkins 5 years ago (he states this in his book), but was in denial I guess. I was loving my root beer and had to have it. So now it's nothing but straight water. I love water but it gets a little boring sometimes. I think I'll start spicing it up with a little lemon or lime or SOMETHING so I can tolerate drinking so much of the stuff. I'm doing away with all artificial sweeteners. I've done this before but have gotten lazy. It's really not that hard, I know I can do it. After all, this is about being HEALTHY also, not just the weight loss, so I'm trying to eliminate all the questionables out there. I know I'll feel even better without the artificial junk.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
does that include gum? Gum was very helpful for me when I was doing the no carb thing at the beginning of the year. I even drake Crystal Light, but of course that has the fake sugar.
I can't live without gum, so I chew it. I love Orbit's Cinnamint flavor. For some reason, cinnamon is satisfying when I have a craving.
Don't they use cinnamon stuff in the stop smoking programs? Must be something about curbing cravings! I'm sorry about the RB. It's nice to have one little treat. Good for you for recognizing it had to go for the greater good! I have been trying to think of something you could do for a treat, but I'm all out of ideas. How bad are those flavored waters? Some claim low carb or calorie don't they? do they have fake sweeteners? Keep up the good work. I need to get back to walking. I have noticed a difference since we've been helping Emily get her house ready instead of walking. This week, it's my cupboards. Maybe I can start again next monday. My cupboards are gonna look so good!!
Post a Comment