
The kids just left for the bus and I was sitting here checking out my emails, trying to get up the energy to hop on the treadmill, when all of a sudden a very unexpected email popped up. The email was from Sara at www.ourbestbites.com informing me that I won something! So I went to their website and since this is their 1-year anniversary of their website they chose two lucky winners who would receive a $25 gift certificate to Williams-Sonoma (the store I usually dream about buying stuff at but never do). They chose one winner from their website viewers and then one from their Facebook fans. I was the Facebook winner. Yay!
I have to tell you that Our Best Bites is my very favorite website to go to when I want a good recipe. Sara and Kate are two friends who put the site together and they are so funny and real. I feel like I know them even though I really don't! They create the most yummy concoctions and if you've never checked them out you must!
It's such a great feeling to win something. It gets the adrenaline flowing and makes you feel all pumped up. Now I definitely have the energy to do the treadmill! This is my third time to win something in my life. The first was when I was in maybe 2nd grade and we had an Easter coloring contest at school for a local supermarket called Mulberry's in Healdsburg, CA. I was so happy to win a Cabbage Patch Kid! That was when they were all the rage. I won a bald preemie named Otis Newton. I wish I still had him today. The second time I won something wasn't until a couple years ago when I called in our local jazz radio station and won a Valentine's package that included a one-night stay at the Grand America hotel (amazing hotel), roses from a florist, and two tickets to a Jim Brickman concert. That one was a total shocker because I was completely not thinking I would win. The third time to win is this gift certificate to Williams-Sonoma and I already know what I'm going to buy. I've been married for 12+ years and still don't have an ice cream maker. I've always wanted one, just never bought it seeing that food and clothes are a much higher priority. So, I've had my eye on a Cuisinart that Williams has and I think I'm going to go for it. Our Best Bites has the BEST ice cream recipes--one recently called "Snickerdoodle Ice Cream" that looks oh so good! I can't wait to try it out! Oh happy day!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
Woo hoo! That IS very exciting and I think the ice cream maker is a great choice. My sister in law Megan had a great peppermint ice cream recipe too that I'd love to make, but I don't have an ice cream maker either.
Yay!
Yeah!! Yes... go for the ice cream maker. How hard to chose though. I love Williams-Sonoma!!
I love to win stuff, not that I have a lot of experience winning but I'd really like to. Actually our first date was to a show that Dennis won tickets to. I'm grateful that he's a winner!!!
I'm so happy for you! I agree about the ice cream maker. That's always on my wish list, too! See you tomorrow????
Post a Comment