Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, April 10, 2009

A "Good Friday"

I took the kids to see the new Hannah Montana movie that came out today. I had heard some really good things about this movie so I was excited to see it...maybe a little too excited. Well I can honestly say that I LOVED it!!! I know what you're thinking, Hannah Montana? Are you serious? Yes, I am. We got an awesome theater, great seats, and had amazing sound. The music was booming, just the way I like it. The movie was packed full of new music by Mylie Cyrus and her dad, and usually I'm not a huge fan of their music, but these songs were really good!! I loved the scenery in the movie--Tennessee country. Beautiful. And I guess I mainly liked the movie so much because of the message it gave to my kids: To not be afraid to be who you are. To do what you feel is right. To stop being selfish and to start thinking of others. To be thankful for what you have. The importance of family. I was just really touched. Maybe even a tad teary eyed at times. And of course the movie had oodles of funny moments, just like the Hannah Montana TV shows have. So it was all around a great family movie and I seriously can't wait until it comes out on DVD so I can snatch it up. (Don't I say this about every movie I see?)

We then came home, had lunch, and dyed Easter eggs for our family hunt tomorrow. Hippity-hoppity Easter's on its Way!! Happy Easter!



3 comments:

Afton said...

I love your egg dying pictures, especially the first one with the hands in the glasses. Really pretty.

Heather said...

I agree with Afton-the first one is cute with the kids all reaching. I was just cleaning out my purse and guess what I found? An Easter egg!!!!!! How did that get in there? I left my purse in the yard when the guys were hiding the eggs and I get it slipped in! Glad I found it today and not in 3 weeks! PEEE UUUU!

Erika said...

Heather--when we were driving home last night going up and down all the hills I felt something roll up by my feet. It was dark so I couldn't see what it was, but then when we got home I saw that it was a completely demolished Easter egg from Saturday. Kind of funny, but glad like you that we didn't find it later!