
We rented "New In Town" this weekend from Redbox. We watched it twice before we had to take it back and since then Gwen and I have been quoting the movie. It doesn't take much to entertain me, and I really enjoyed this movie. It's with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr. It takes place in a small town in Minnesota. City girl versus country boy. Just my kind of movie! We were laughing to the very end. My favorite was Blanche Gunderson (I don't know her real name). She is always so fun to watch in the movies I've seen her in. She does a wonderful job with her Minnesota accent and played her role well. Harry Connick was funny and I like watching him as well. And I loved Renee's clothes and hair-it gave me the sudden urge to want to cut mine!! I liked how easy going the movie was...nothing too heavy for me to handle...just some good humor and a great romance. The only negative about the movie is there are quite a few bad words. It's rated PG but you know how that goes sometimes. So I've been thinking about this movie a lot and really want to see it AGAIN! If it fits in my budget this month, I may end up owning it. I'm bad, I know. But this movie is right up there with "While You Were Sleeping" with me...one that I could watch a billion times and never tire of it. Watch it...you'll hopefully see what I mean. Oh, and if you like tapioca you better grab some of that too. You'll see what I mean.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
We watched it this weekend, too!! We loved it as well. I, too, loved the local talk and some of their funny sayings. It was surprising how much swearing they can fit into a PG movie. I have an old friend from the midwest, and hearing them speak made me miss her!!! You'd look good with that hair! Whack it, my friend!!!!
You had me at Harry Connick Jr.
Afton, I love him also. I really liked Renee in Jerry McGuire and since then, I've been waiting for a really good part that just sucked you in. Patrick and I actually saw this movie in the theater and loved it! I'd rent it again. We loved the hometown minnesota feel and the srappers! It was great.
Post a Comment