Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Problem Solved!


I can honestly say that I love my clothesline and now look forward to doing laundry--seriously! But I have been having one little problem. I haven't had a place to keep my clothespins where they are easily accessible without lots of bending up and down. I did a little research on google looking for some kind of apron or something with pockets to hold my clothespins. I came across this little gem on Etsy of course. It's a little vintage number that replicates European aprons worn way-back-when for the sole purpose of hanging clothes on the line. I debated long and hard if I had it in me to try and create one myself, but I ended up chickening out and purchasing the one on Etsy. I am not disappointed. The apron is the cutest little thing I've seen. I'm just dying to wear it, not only when I do laundry, but for all household chores. The whole thing is one big pocket able to hold my 100 pins easily and any other things I want it to. I am very tempted though to dig out my sewing machine and see if I can make an apron all by myself. I found a free pattern online for a cute little hostess apron that's just a half apron with a cute pocket and a long tie that you can wrap around and tie in a bow in the front on your hip. Maybe with a little practice I can make something that's wearable. My goal is to be able to make these as gifts. That's a lofty goal for me but you never know. Where there's a will there's a way I always say!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Cute apron. I don't know why but I love cute aprons. The fabric on this one is the same fabric that Shabby Baby used for Jenna's CUTE dress I bought her last year! I love it!

Emily said...

OK girl, I'll make one if you make one. I'm giving recipe books and aprons to my sister in laws for christmas...and this cute number will work just fine for me....

Erika said...

It's a deal Emily!

Heather-the fabric is by Amy Butler. She's all the rage I guess. She has the cutest designs--makes me want to go to the fabric store!

Dorri said...

my mom had an apron for her clothes pins that I remember wearing when I was younger, though it was nowhere near and cute as yours. Now I'm gonna have to try and make one too, there is just something about aprons.