Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

I have been loving the rain we've been getting for the past several days. I especially like it because it's not a cold rain. The temp has been great and I love that I don't have to water the garden or flowers. We've kept nice and cozy inside today baking bread and making raspberry and strawberry freezer jam (berries are finally on sale by the flat at Kent's, FYI). And what makes it feel even cozier is I have the crock pot brewing a yummy batch of potato soup. Ah, this is the life.

The girls came up with a fun rainy day activity today. I call it "Blubbery Babies." They filled big balloons with water and made babies out of them (we used to do the same thing when I was little). They even named them. For example, we have Squishy Pearl, Obese Baby (aka O.B.), Periwinkle, Fish Oil, and Daisy. They even put diapers on the things. I'm just waiting for one of those chubby little babies to POP!


1 comments:

Roger and Stephnie said...

What a cute idea! I'm glad you have enjoyed the rain so much lately!