Okay. I have problems. All day long I have been craving those no-bake oatmeal chocolate cookies. You know which one's I'm talking about? The one's you just drop by the spoonful on wax paper that end up not looking very appetizing but taste incredibly good and satisfying? Well, I couldn't resist any longer so I made them a second ago. At 11:00 p.m. I have problems, I know. I ate three with a glass of milk and they were really, really good, but like I said, I have problems. Maybe I'm trying to forget about things. Ryan isn't home tonight. Long story. He's helping his uncle with some farm equipment. So whenever he's not here I feel like I need to treat myself to something. I also feel really, super-duper bad about something that happened with a family member tonight. A miscommunication. I totally burst this person's bubble and probably made her feel really dumb, along with making myself feel really dumb. I didn't mean to. At all. She was so sweet to propose what she did. Miscommunications seem to happen often when going through different channels and not communicating with that person directly myself. So she came to our house all excited only to be let down terribly, and I had to be the person to tell her the bad news. Not fun. I felt horrible because she was so excited and happy. This probably doesn't make a bit of sense but I think the cookies have gone to my head now (better than my hips but I guess that will come later). Don't you hate it when you have a miscommunication with someone and the horrible feeling it leaves? Luckily this was resolved fairly happily, being the honest mistake that it was. No bad, hateful feelings were incurred upon anybody (at least I don't think so). This doesn't happen often, but when it does it makes me want to go crawl under a rock and stay there for a very long time. Well I don't have a big rock but I do have a nice big bed all to myself tonight so maybe I'll just go crawl under my covers, burrow way down in, close my eyes, and go to my happy place. Okay. Goodnight.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









1 comments:
I make those cookies all the time and tell myself that the peanut butter is protein and all those oats are just tons of fiber....hiding is good sometimes, especially with cookies.
Post a Comment