Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summertime

Lately it's been easy for me to look at the negative things of having kids home for the summer, like how they're constantly hungry and want to eat so I spend more money on groceries; or how I have no privacy; or how whenever I want or need to go somewhere they all want to come with me and I can no longer go all by myself. I could let the selfish part of me take over and get really frustrated, or I could be thankful that they are here with me for this short time. Before we know it school will be back in and I won't have their "sweet" company all day long anymore. So I have decided to be happy and just enjoy our summer together. I will not nag and I will not be grumpy. I will show them how I really feel about them and how much I really love them. My kids are everything to me and are teaching me a lot about myself and who I am. Before I know it they'll be grown and that makes me sad. I love them how they are now and want to soak it all in. Parenting really can be so much fun if you let it be and I'm looking for some fun!One of my very favorite pictures

0 comments: