Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What Would You Do?


I picked up this little gem at the DI for $4 yesterday. I got there right at opening time and was amazed at how fast that place filled up. It was wild. People everywhere. I couldn't even get my cart through to where I needed to go. I was a woman on a mission though. Lately I have been having the itch to paint something, and I've been wanting a cute old chair for decoration (although I don't have any room in my house right now) but something to maybe put on my porch with a pot of flowers or something. I love old things. I grew up with old things in a beautiful old home and maybe I'm just going back to my roots. I love the cute old furniture that my mom and sisters have found at the DI and have repainted and reupholstered. I've been amazed at what they have found! So I went and found this chair. I knew right away that this was exactly what I was looking for. Isn't she cute? So this is her exactly as I found her, old chair pad and all. I'm a little bummed that she has those hideous green "rubber stamp" designs on her because if it weren't for them, I'd just leave her as is. I like the chipped off paint on the tops and I like the antique white color. But I think I need to repaint and then distress myself.

So what color would you paint our little friend here? White? Pewter gray? Red? Green? Bright yellow? Tiffany blue? The possibilities are limitless and it's hard to decide, that I just may have to keep going back to the DI and find more chairs to paint!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

If you like it as is, try getting off the ink with goof off or one of those. Also, try a magic eraser sponge. If those don't work, color match the white and just cover them! I also like your bright color idea. I can't remember what color your house is, but any color that really stands out would be awesome!!

I scored at DI myself today! I got 12 pint jars a cute metal bowl for flowers and some FatBaby boots for my sister! They still had the original tags on, never worn! Regularly $129 for $40!!! Woohoo!!

Jen Howick said...

That's awesome. I LOVE stuff like this too! I agree, take the stamps off and either repaint it white or a fun color would be awesome too. We're getting ready to paint our kitchen cabinets and table... time to update a bit around here as well!

Erika said...

Thanks for the ideas ladies! I went and bought a couple Mr. Clean pads--extra strength--we'll see if that does the trick! The blasted stamps are on the back of the chair too!!