Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, August 14, 2009

Our Little Spaz-o-matic Turned 10


Yesterday our little Piercie Ryan turned 10, but I guess he's not so little anymore. He had a pretty simple birthday. He said he just wanted to spend it with the family, so that was great for me since I had work and not much time to do a friend party. I got some Harry Potter party stuff to jazz it up a little for him. Earlier this week he went to Vernal with Ryan for a few days and worked with him on a big cement job, so with the money he earned there he wanted to go buy some Legos. So in the morning I took him to Toys R Us and he picked out a Star Wars set that he really, really wanted. It had 890 pieces so that kept him busy for a large part of the day. Ryan and I took him out to dinner at the place of his choice, which was Applebees. We then came home and had Grandma and Grandpa Adams over for cake and ice cream. Yes, that white blob in the picture below is a cake. I've never had this much trouble with a cake and I just gave up on it. It was originally going to be a Harry Potter cake and have a lightening bolt on the top of it with some fancy writing, but instead it ended up being the earthquake cake, because for some reason after I frosted it it split right down the middle. My frosting was a little runny so I think that's why. Anyway, it's a sorry excuse for a cake but it tasted all right. Oh, and I have to tell you that we didn't get a picture in time when he blew out the candles so the pic below is a recreation of him blowing them out--that's why I have that look on my face. And I love my mother-in-law's facial expression in the background too. Kinda funny. Pierce then opened his presents--a ripstick and helmet. So all-in-all a good day. It's been an incredible 10 years--lots of ups and downs with my Piercie-boy. He's a sweetie and seems to get sweeter as each year passes by. He's growing up and maturing and that's good to see when compared with his earlier years (yikes!). Only 8 more years and he'll be getting ready to go on a mission. Where does the time go?








0 comments: