Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Photobucket
Okay, time for a transcription break. My mind keeps wandering on a bunch of different stuff so I think I need to have a little purge. Dr. ____ is driving me nuts, bless his little heart, and I'm tired of listening to his voice at the moment. He tends to ramble on and on. I told Ryan when he's a doctor to not ramble on and on. Get to the point. Short and sweet, right? Although long and drawn out pays me more money. I'm always giving him little words of advice--he's probably tired of it! Anyway, I'm giddy with excitement over Gwen getting into the _______ Youth Chamber Orchestra!! She got 2nd chair! They had auditions last week and she had her first rehearsal this week. They are preparing for a concert in November which will be all Christmas music!! I know it's way early for this kind of nonsense, but I can't help but just melt with happiness when I hear her play White Christmas. Those long, smooth bows and the gorgeous vibrato send me to heaven! Oh, and they're doing an African Bell Carol which is like Carol of the Bells but there will be percussion and they get to tap a rhythm on their violins with their hand and I can tell already it is going to be AWESOME! Violin is a lot of work and hard to practice sometimes, but oh so worth it when I hear Gwen play. This orchestra will be such a good experience for her. Way better than any school orchestra she could ever be in. This is the real deal and I love what they are teaching and the discipline they use. Tilly is plugging along and is having her Book 2 violin recital tonight. We're excited to have that done and move on to Book 3. Oh, and I'm so excited to see my newest nephew--Reeve William tonight! I get to take Holly dinner and lay my eyes on that cute little guy for the first time. He was born a few weeks early--5 lbs. something ounces--I can't remember. Anyway, just a teeny little thing. I can hardly wait. I've been a little sick so I dare not hold him, but when I am all better...watch out Holly...he's mine, ALL MINE!! I'm starting to spaz out. I better go. I best put all this energy back into my transcription and git 'r done. I think Dr. ____ has rubbed off on me. I ramble a lot. Bye.

(ps-the above picture is from another year. Gwen is not in it.)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay Gwennie!!! Sounds like a great program!!

Heather said...

AWESOME!!! I knew she'd get in!!!! She is so talented and I too love to hear her play. Wish it was more often! I just couldn't imagine life without music! Especially in the home. It makes a HUGE difference in the atmosphere! I will look forward to our Christmas recital to hear White Christmas!!!!